SeattleScouting.org

Home   The Councils   Council Activities   Training   National & World Events   Districts   Units   Camps   OA   Mysteries

 


Cascade Scout Reservation

Camp Parsons

Camp Sheppard

Camp Werner

 

 

Other Camps

 

 

Historic Trails

High Adventure

 

 

 

Other Camps

 

 

 

Blue Ox Camp

 

This was one of several District Camps used by the Seattle Area Council in the early 1930's.  Blue Ox Camp was located on Mercer Island.  It was used by Scouts and Cubs from Seattle for summer and overnight camping.

 

 

 

 

Camp Backus

 

Camp Backus was acquired from Manson and Elsie Backus in 1925.  The camp was located on almost 19 acres on the west side of Mercer Island.  The camp was used mostly for troop weekend and summer camping.  In 1967 the property was sold and the proceeds were used to buy the land that Camp Brinkley is located on.

 

 

 

 

Camp Carver

 

Camp Carver was located on the Olympic Peninsula and used primarily by the Chief Kitsap District in the 1970's.  It was used until 1976, shortly after the Olympic Area Council merged with the Chief Seattle Council.

 

 

 

 

Camp Frederick

 

This was one of several District Camps used by the Seattle Area Council in the early 1930's.  Camp Frederick was located on the Greenwater River near the Rainier National Park boundary.  It was used by the Kent, Auburn, and Enumclaw Districts.

 

 

 

 

Camp Freeman

 

The property for Camp Freeman was donated to the Seattle Area Council in 1943 by Anna Freeman.  The 57-acre camp was located on the Green River and was used primarily for training and weekend events.  Only one patch is known to exist:

 

cffelt.jpg (9326 bytes)

Staff patch

 

 

 

 

Camp Hopkins

 

Located on Bainbridge Island, Camp Hopkins was dedicated on April 23, 1938.  The property measured just 294' from east to west and 412' from north to south.  It had one frame building used as a warehouse, and one log building on a concrete foundation that was used as a troop meeting place.

 

 

 

 

Camp Kuppler

 

Camp Kuppler was named after George A. Kuppler, a well-respected businessman in Port Angeles.  The camp was located south of Port Angeles near Heart O' The Hills and the Olympic National Park.  Land for the camp was acquired with the purchase of a 10 acre parcel from Marie Kearns, for $5 on July 17, 1939.  The property was enlarged to the east on October 20, 1947, when 5 acres were bought from Claude J. Spencer and his wife Georgia Alice Spencer, for $10.

 

Camp Kuppler was used mostly for troop camping, but the Mt. Olympus District held Klondike Derbys there, as well as a few camporees.  

 

Camp Kuppler was undeveloped; it had no parking lot, no established firepits, and no potable water.  However, some benches and one wooden latrine were built.  Because of the camp's location and limited use, in 1995 the decision was made to sell the property.

 

 

 

 

Camp Mackenzie

 

This was one of several District Camps used by the Seattle Area Council in the early 1930's.  Camp Mackenzie was located on Hood Canal near Holly.  It was used for summer and overnight camping.

 

 

 

 

Camp Rotary

 

rotarylodge.jpg (23365 bytes)

Camp Rotary Lodge

Camp Rotary was located on Mercer Island and used by Scouts in the 1920's.  It was just over 13 acres in size and was used mainly for weekend troop camping, although some districts held encampments there.  A number of lean-tos were built for shelter, and some trails branched out from the camp.

 

 

 

 

Camp Vinnedge

 

This was one of several District Camps used by the Seattle Area Council in the early 1930's.  Camp Vinnedge was located at Twin Cabins on the North Fork of the Snoqualmie River.  It was used by the Renton, Issaquah, and Snoqualmie Valley Districts.

 

 

 

 

Silver Peak Camp

 

T.N. Haller owned a log cabin two miles southwest of Snoqualmie Pass that he let Scouts use from the 1920's through the 1940's.  Troop reservations for Silver Peak Camp were made through the Seattle Area Council Headquarters, and the camp could be used on weekends at any time of the year, although it was especially popular during the winter.  The cabin had bunks and mattresses for up to 30 people, a fully equipped kitchen, and a great stone fireplace.

silverpeaklodge.jpg (43608 bytes)

Silver Peak Lodge

 

 

 

 

Wildcat Lake Camp

 

This was one of several District Camps used by the Seattle Area Council in the early 1930's.  Wildcat Lake Camp was located on Wildcat Lake in Kitsap County.  It was used by the Navy Yard District for summer and overnight camping.

 

 

This site 2003-16, SeattleScouting.org

Terms of Use