1959, the Olympic Area Council purchased 270 acres on Lake Gibbs from Dr.
Adrian and Lillian Werner. Camp Werner became the summer camp for
Scouts in the Olympic Area Council. Camp Werner was a
"primitive" summer camp - Scouts camped in tents and cooked
their own meals. The camp was used as a summer camp until 1974, and
for occasional weekend events thereafter. The land was sold in 1989
and is now a county park.