Sheppard is located near the entrance to Mount Rainier National Park off
SR 410. Camp Sheppard was originally a Civilian Conservation Corps
camp. It was called Camp Snoquera, and in 1946 was leased to H.J.
Sheppard for use as a Scout camp. In 1952 the lease was transferred
to the Seattle Area Council, and in 1954 it was renamed in honor of Mr.